Every day, I have at least one e-mail or comment asking for a cake recipe. Turns out, I post cake pictures often enough to prompt people to think of owning an oven and get round to baking good, simple cakes at home. Which is a good thing, eh? I think it’s wonderful to be able to bake at home–it is therapeutic and at the end of it, you have a homemade piece of dessert that is no comparison with the best bakery or patisserie in town.
So I thought of compiling a list of my favorite easy cake recipes on this blog (Yes, I have that many!). Here goes:
- Basic Chocolate Cake : A classic, no fuss chocolate cake with a simple buttercream frosting.
- Tiramisu Liqueur Cake with Vanilla Mascarpone and Strawberries in Syrup: My favorite cake. A boozy coffee flavored cake topped with silky Mascarpone and stewed strawberries.
- Lemon Curd in Vanilla Bean Cake: A light vanilla cake sandwiched with zingy lemon curd.
- Peach Upside Down Cake with Warm Cherry Sauce (Video): A fruity, elaborate-looking but simple to make cake with a cheat’s version of cherry sauce!
- Marmalade and Valencia Orange Cake: A decidedly orange flavored cake ideal with coffee.
- 1 Bowl Chocolate and Orange Cake: Quick fix cake with the great combination of chocolate and orange.
- Mocha Cake: An excellent cake for an adult tea party.
- Eggless Vanilla Cake with Plum Jam: My favorite eggless cake recipe. Top it with jam of choice or chocolate ganache or cream and fresh fruit!
- Eggless Microwave Raspberry Muffins: Quick craving cure. Replace raspberries with whatever you have at hand–even chocolate chips!
- The Perfect Birthday Cake: My favorite birthday cake recipe–looks elaborate and needs no special skills.
And if you’re in Mumbai and looking to learn how to bake a good cake at home, I’m taking a class on Cakes and Cupcakes at the A Perfect Bite Cook Studio next week. Check it out!