There are some things that you must have when you’re entertaining. For me, it is this salsa. It is a ridiculously easy thing that you can make even a day in advance and serve to hungry guests, and get much more than just a pat on the back. Best as a cocktail snack.
I serve these with potato or tortilla chips, on crackers, with poppadoms or khakras, and just about anything crispy that needs something to up its party value. It gets made from stuff that you usually have in your refrigerator and pantry, and needs no cooking. Ideal summer food.
Pineapple, Tomato and Onion Salsa
- 1 small can of pineapple slices, chopped (or 1 fresh pineapple, chopped and/or cooked in sugar syrup)
- 2 plum tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- a bunch of cilantro, chopped
- a dash of red tabasco
- 3 tbsp. ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- salt to taste
Combine everything in a mixing bowl and serve with chips/nachos/khakras/poppadoms/taco shells/crackers.